We are excited that you will be participating in Words to Give By! Before we can share your story with others, we need your permission to do so. Please review the release below:
1. Introduction. Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc (“CPBI”) and the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving (“HFPG”) are engaged in producing Words to Give By, a Connecticut statewide project to collect and record oral histories (the “project”.) I have been invited to participate in the project by providing an interview (the “Interview”) which will be visually and aurally recorded and I wish to participate in the project in this manner.
2. Transfer of Rights. In consideration for the recording of the Interview and provision to me of a copy of the recorded Interview, I hereby relinquish and transfer to CPBI and HFPG all right, title and interest I may have in the Interview, including copyright and the right to use the recorded Interview in all media including print, radio, television, internet, DVD or any other visual or aural media whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world in perpetuity.
3. Use of Interview. I understand that CPBI and/or HFPG may, without further approval on my part, exhibit, distribute, edit, reproduce, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and broadcast the Interview or any part of it. I agree that CPBI and/or HFPG and their licensees may use my name, voice, likeness, and biographical information in connection with the recording, reproduction, distribution, publication, display, broadcast, promotion of the Interview or the Project through any media whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world in perpetuity.
4. Release. I expressly release CPBI, HFPG, their respective employees, directors, officers, agents, licensees, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from all manner of claims, demands, disputes, suits, and causes of action, damages, obligations and liabilities, including but not limited to libel, invasion of privacy, obscenity and copyright infringement, which I now have, have ever had or may hereafter have against the Released Parties relating in any way to the use and/or content of the Interview and the Project.
5. Limitation. The rights granted by me and the releases given by me shall pertain only to the Interview and the Project and not for any other purpose whatsoever.
6. Governing Law. This Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions.
7. Severability. If any provision of this Relese is determined to be illegal or unenforceable,, that provision shall be severed from this Release and such severance will have no effect upon the enforceability of the remainder of this Release.
By clicking “YES, I ACCEPT THE TERMS” on the online registration form, I represent and warrant that I have the legal right to enter into this Release and that this Release is permanent and irrevocable.